Saturday, October 16, 2010

I'm very concern..

I'm coming back to work on 21st of November after 3 months of leave (2 months of maternity and 1 month of my own cuti rehat). I'm in dilemma when it comes to babysitter issue.

Since I started working in my current hospital, I have encountered >10 cases of shaken baby syndrome and most of these children were either taken care by the maid or pengasuh. It is difficult to point finger on who the guilty party, either their mom/dad or the caretaker based on the proof that we had that is the CT scan findings. We had one baby died, few children left debilitating and some lucky ones survived without any neurological deficit. So, amat mengerikan ya jika ia berlaku pada keluarga sendiri or in fact to any children.

I wish my parents live nearby so that my mom can look after my baby but that's not gonna happen as they stay about 1 hour from our home. To send to nursery along with 20 other kids is totally out of question. Knowing Hana, she is a restless and fussy baby. Nak tido punya la susah unless you cradle her. She is really unpredictable.

So I decided to get an Indonesian maid (yg tak sampai lagi ke Msia) to take care of Hana. Since none of them boleh dipercaya, I realized that the best option is to drop my baby and the maid of at my sister's house in Kota Damansara before going to the hospital and pick them up later after work. My sister's bibik has been with her for more than 10 years and she is consider part of family. So I expect her to train and supervise my bibik while I'm gone.

Unfortunately, Kak Mar (my sis's bibik) will be going back to Medan, her hometown for 1 month in December!! Sape nak supervise my bibik? Takkan la dia nak jaga Hana sorang2?

Will she bathe my baby properly? Will she change Hana's wet nappy on time? Will she feed Hana and not let starved? Will she love Hana like I do? Entah2 dia cubit2 Hana or bawak lari Hana, mana la tau kan??? Pasang CCTV pun tak guna kalau benda dah terjadi kan.

Haiiiihhh.. susahnye nak buat keputusan. Help me decide since I'm about to start work in a month time!!!

3 comments:

Amira said...

Maryam...when I had Razin, we stayed at Kota Damansara. I travelled to my mom's house at Shah Alam every morning to send Razin ! With the morning traffic, it took around 40 minutes. Then only I drove to my office in Subang (near Subang airport).

In the evening, my mom would send Razin to the office so that I don't have to patah balik Shah Alam. Kota Damansara is much closer to my office, just 15 minutes drive. We had this regime for more than 1 year until I moved to my own home in Shah Alam.

Why don't you leave both Hana and your maid at your sister's house when you go to work (if your sister don't mind about this? Even though now I have a maid, I still leave my maid and my kids at my mom's.

While your sis's maid in Indonesia...stay with your mom.

Better sacrifice for peace of mind...that's my advice.

Mrs Ahmad.. said...

Amira, I totally agree with u. I wud rather commute back and forth Bangi- Sg buloh and spend on petrol + toll than risk my baby. It's only for 6 weeks until my sis' bibik return from indon.

ummu husna said...

berenti je CIK YAM... macam saya. hu hu...

anyway, kenapa awak tak carik org yg boleh jaga anak org? mcm makcik2 kat kawasan rumah awak ke? that's wat i did when i had to do that small stint before i decided to quit... she's quite good. she's been taking care of people's babies for 10 yrs now. she washes aaliyah's clothes, she feeds, mandikan twice so that i don't have to do it... she feeds alya using the bottle herself, sleeps next to her, clears up the house for her to crawl all over, removes all the furniture from the living room wen she started cruising... pendek kata i'm quite satisfied sometimes i pay her more than wat she asks for... cubalah try, tapi ada risk lah, these people are not licensed, it's just based on trust, so it can smack you in the face, and u cudn't do anything abt it.

cik ti