Wednesday, December 12, 2012

1st trimester ordeal

Ya Allah, please help me.. I'm on the verge of depression. I'm facing a totally different experience for the 2nd pregnancy.. BAD one that is. 

Morning sickness used to be something that I can handle but not this time around. Nausea alternating with severe hunger pangs, big lump stucked at my throat after each meal and sakit kepala yang amat sangat. I've been throwing up 2 to 3 times in a day and can't seemed to down in fluids. My friend helped put in IV drip for a day and I injected IV maxolon for a couple of days. To date, I've lost 4kgs within 3 weeks and looked very much like a pale zombie!

I am not able to do routine ward rounds as I had syncopal attack few times in the last 1 week. I felt bad for not able to pitch in with the work load at the hospital. I'm worried sick when it comes to weekend call. All alone, juggling 2 wards all by myself. What if I faint? Who will take care of all the sick kids? How can I go to the emergency dept should there be any resus case? I might end up needing resuscitation my self!

I wish I can take a long leave or MC. I'm just praying hard that 1st trimester is over soon. In the mean time, I have to keep myself together during this difficult time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds bad indeed.take mc laa. The rest just have to take over yr job till u get thru this.

Anonymous said...

mek ye,kalu doh tok sehak ambik mc laa.
gi jupo kawe hok arab kito di d'sara perdana.io buleh tulonng.kalu kijo sampa mapuh,demo dok wi pingak ko pitih ko.
demo ni jenih biawok.

the pseudo-kelate gal

Mrs Ahmad.. said...

The pseudo kelate gal,
aku tok ghok doh ni... hopefully 1st trimester ending soon and can join u practih kak hkl deh. mung jange lupo kat aku nih..

the real kelate gal..