Sunday, December 30, 2012

Solemnization

Alhamdulillah, the nikah took place at home and went smoothly as planned. The wedding decorator did a great job with the mini dais and hantarans despite given 3 days notice. Oh how I love and adore pastel yellow theme. Doesn't it look just simple, serene and beautiful? I can't help it but to officiate the dais the night before with my hubby and Hana :)




Most of our close family members managed to attend the ceremony, again, despite receiving verbal invitation for Papa 2 days prior. Of course, there tend to be questions from them as it was such a short notice but everyone meant well and were happy for the both of them. Johan was alone as all his family members could not make it.

The ceremony was started with a short but meaningful sermon delivered by the Imam in Malay and Papa translated to English so than Johan could understand. It followed by the aqad nikah. We initially thought that the aqad will be done in English but Papa wasn't too sure about the lafaz and decided for it to said in Arabic. So Johan and Papa practised a couple of times few days ahead with a simpler lafaz which only consist of 5 words.



That historical day, Papa appeared more nervous than the groom and joked that he did not do this as a daily thing and the last aqad took place 4 years ago (during my wedding!). After 4 attempts (1st was my dad's mistake, 2nd time Johan became nervous, 3rd try was a smooth one but 4th lafaz was just to be sure), my sister finally became Johan's wife.

I wish both of them a wonderful and happy marriage. May Allah bless them always. 

The reception will be held in June next year together with my younger brother,  In Shaa Allah. I'm excited to plan for this event, the final wedding for our family!





No comments: