Friday, November 26, 2010

My gosh.. it is soooo hard...

Yesterday was my very first time leaving Hana. Eventhough I was on leave, I still had to do calls as my department did not have enough medical officer. I was REALLY sad as I had to leave Hana overnight and her sleep training is not yet over. I would probably need another 2 weeks to really train her to sleep on her own. I did request from my boss to extend my cuti for several reasons unfortunately it was rejected.. Damn!

I spent my time in the hospital and I admit, I cried alone in the oncall room that night as I missed Hana soooo much eventhough she would probably be fast asleep at home. I also noticed that each time I see small kiddo in ill health, I became overtly emotional. I am blessed thus far that Hana is well and has never fall sick.

There was a small infant who is about Hana's age who was ventilated in the intensive care unit for Streptococcal meningitis. She is very2 ill and I felt sorry for the baby and the family. I realized that those children who get infected by this germ called Streptococcal pneumoniae are usually very2 sick and few even succumbed due to severe pneumonia or meningitis.

Vaccination against this bug is unfortunately not in the KKM immunization schedule (yet) but is readily available at private hospitals. Eventhough it is a bit pricey but it is better than risk your child's life. So I urge all of you, to make sure that your loved ones receive Pneumococcal vaccination before it is too late.

No comments: