Friday, June 10, 2011

A home is where the heart is..

As you all know, my hubby recently migrated to a new company in Rawang. Located 50km away from Shah Alam, travelling back and fro to his work place is really gonna cost a big dent to his pocket. What with petrol lagi and 3 tolls amounting to more than RM7 (one way), I guess you can do the math of how much he needs to spend everyday. Adding to our monthly expenditure is my travelling to Sg Buloh via NKVE costing me RM3.20 one way and minyak lagi.  Haihhh.. boleh bayar guna pasir tak??? 


Once, we were thinking of car pooling since both of us somewhat heading the same direction but my hubby tends to finish work late and I tak sanggup nak tunggu for hours at the hospital and left Hana at my sister's home way pass Maghrib time.. 


So my hubby proposed that we apply for hospital quarters and rent out our current house. Hence, we'll save a lot money on tolls and petrol as my hubby is the only who does all the travelling. On the contrary, it's gonna be SO sad leaving Bukit Jelutong and our house behind. 


My hubby, a kampung boy, once said that he can't imagine staying in an apartment/condo and will only buy a landed property. He needs some greeneries around the house. He also said that  it is inconvenient in terms of kalau tertinggal barang dalam kereta, takdelah kena masuk lift and turun 10 storeys down to get the stuff. And kalau shopping banyak2, tak ke penat turun naik dua tiga trip semata-mata nak angkat barang .. well, he has a point there.

BJ is a nice neighbourhood and the first time we stepped in this area, we just knew that this is a place where we should stay and raise our kids. So, finally we decided to purchase a house within walking distance to the school, a big padang and a mini business centre called D'bayu. This place has everything you asked for, a steak house, 7-E, Domino's, Tutti Frutti, a kopitiam, kedai mamak, clinic and Cambridge for students to learn English.


What I love most is that on the day that we are off, me and mr hubby would bring Hana for a stroll for our breakfast at the nearest Mamak stall or Kopi Kaw while enjoying the morning breeze (cewah :P).. I pernah jugak once called for Domino's home delivery and bila derang tanya rumah kat mana, I malu2 bagitau our house is located just accross the shop :p (ishx3, memang dasar pemalas!) 


Back to our ancient crib. We bought this house for 370K at that time, yep still cheap back then considering the location. Just after we signed the S&P and moved in, the price of the houses around this area increased by 30%, even the old ones like ours! Yes, crazy I tell ya! Anyways, this house ada attic yang previous owner dah buat, so at least we have an extra space for storage and dah ada pegola and wooden door. So, kira okay la kan. Though, we just moved in 2 years ago to this 10 year old house with a lot of leaking problem and a much needed renovation (but don't have the ongkos for it), but we still love this house to bits (I'll proly exaggerate a bit there teehee..).


Anyway, I've filled up my application for the hospital quarters. According to my friend who stayed there, the place is quite spacious with 4 rooms and is almost fully furnished minus the electrical appliances. I did survey for apartments around KD area where my sister lives but it is waaaayy beyond our budget. So I guess we'll just stick to staying within the hospital compound, if my application approved, that is.


Okaylah, nanti I'll snap few pictures of BJ and my humble house before it will be rent out (huhuhu)..


P/s anyone interested to be our future tenant? Sewa cuma RM1500, partly furnished..


No comments: