Friday, June 3, 2011

Planning a wedding

Since me and my elder brother's wedding Razeen 3 years ago, me and my sister have always been looking forward to planning a beautiful wedding. So now it's my brother's Rasis turn of being a groom and his reception will be held in the near future. So far, everything is running according to plan.


Theme: Tiffany blue with a dash of pastel pink and white
Venue: Home sweet home

1) Barang- barang hantaran bought my brother, baju bride and groom dia yang pilih. Cross finger that the design is okay since the future bride is currently in Egypt. So I hope my brother had a good taste.


2) Dulang and design for hantaran
My creative sister ambitiously wants to do it herself since upah orang will cost at least RM100/dulang using high grade artificial flowers. So far, what we have in mind is probably using white bekas decorated with blue hydrangea and pink flowers from SSF. It should be easy I hope? We are still searching for the right dulang but so far our attempt of finding one failed miserably. We went to SSF the other day but did not find one that we really like. My sister paid a visit to Romantika but she said tak banyak option. Then I guess wajib singgah Nilai 3 then.


3) We were impressed with the simple yet elegant pelamin by Merisik Gallery and will hire them for simple pelamin at home, main table deco, stairs deco, wedding favours and centrepieces. We would also like to use few lanterns at the tent and car porch. 


One of my favourite wedding decorators cum planners are Chenta Wedding and Wedding by Sher but it seemed like they cater for VIPs and those with a lot of $$$.. sigh.


Wedding favour by MG, cute!
Pelamin also by MG.. simple yet nice.


4) Catering: not yet decided. 
I've tentatively booked Mazia Catering as I found good reviews on their food and service. But my dad on the other hand strongly wants another caterer, En Khalid something from Sg Kantan Kajang. Papa claimed that everyone in Bangi use him for their wedding. Yeahh.. rite..


It's the in thing. To have such cute lanterns hanging at the canopy


5) Wedding card ordered (see previous entry) and paid. Just awaiting printing.


Tomorrow ada meeting tergempar dengan the rest of the family regarding my brother's wedding. My dad needs his update before he goes to Bangladesh. I hope my proposal of getting Mazia catering is accepted. Hmm.. kena buat kertas kerja nih!

No comments: