Friday, August 24, 2012

Brief updates..

Dear abandoned blog, sorry for the long hiatus. These days my life revolves ONLY around family, work, preparation for exam and my mission in losing weight. I don't think I have any spare time for blogging, movies or novels. Owwh, how I miss my coffee break @ Starbucks. I'll otherwise left with guilt should I ever indulge in the aforementioned activities.

Alhamdulillah, my one and only child, Hana Khadeeja Ahmad has recently turned 2! Yes, I know, how time flies. This not so little girl surprises me more often than not, with her excellent vocabulary and clear pronunciation. I would say her language milestone surpasses my expectation. 


With her favourite cousin, Abang Umar
She loves eskim, that's why I got her ice cream cake for her birthday..
At 18 months, she could form 4 words phrases. She could picked up small little words that sometimes just put me at awe as how her mini brain works. She can count one to ten (Hana's version: one, two, thee, pour....) , sing A to Z, Happy Birthday and Twinkle Little Star. She follows when I recite Al-Fatihah or perform my prayers and she loves listening and singing to nasyid. Yang cute tu, she'll tell me, "Mama, pacang (nasyid) kuat cikit piss (please)". Haha.. I guess everyone's anak will look cute in their mommy's eyes kan..

Hana is able to jump and run. Nak cepat, she starts to climb staircase one foot at a time recently sampai tersadung kaki resulting in a small abrasion on the chin. Hana, cukupla mama dia je yang ada Harry Potter scar! Hehe..

She can show more than 10 body parts including kepala, hair, eyes, forehead, eyebrow, nose, ears, cheek, chin, mouth, teeth, neck, toes, fingers, kaki, tangan, perut and belly button.. phewh! She scribbles all over the place (including on the wallpaper at the dining hall.. erkk!!), copies straight line and imperfect circle. Hehe..Sorry, my comments on her developmental milestone is from the eye of a paediatric doctor :p

MasyaAllah.. the part that I cannot tahan most is her tantrums which occurred on daily basis now. Seriously, her temper outburst really put my patience to test. Mengamuk2 hentak2 kaki lah, scream her lungs out, scratch my face if I say no, gets frustrated easily etc.. I guess people say Terrible Two for a reason rite? My hope is that she'll get over this period of acting Diva soon.

My only worry is her weight. I'll get referral from Klinik Kesihatan for children with poor weight gain and here I am, a paediatric doctor and I don't know how to get my own daughter to eat properly. She only take plain rice, no protein such as chicken or fish as she'll spurt it out. She loves pasta but gets bored of it easily. I blamed it on her lack of  variety of food when she was an infant. Hana suffers multiple food allergy that limits her taste buds causing her to be choosy and picky now. Otherwise, she is a healthy and active toddler. That keeps my worry and anxiety at bay except for my mom who keeps reminding me to give her ubat cacing and multivitamins!

Sadly, I'll be leaving behind this cute face for 5 weeks. I've never left this girl more that 4 days, itu pun pegi course kat Penang je and I was totally homesick. Ini pulak I'll be staying in UK from 25th August to 30th Sept!!! I'm sure her hair grows longer (pray to god that Papa will not trim it short!). I just hope that by the time I comeback that she'll remember that I'm still and always be her mother!

Love you always Nana Dida (Hana Khadeeja)..


3 comments:

Mrs Ahmad.. said...

Mama, love u too..

Hana & Papa

The Singing Pilot said...

Finally someone out frm the hiatus. Gudluck wit ur paper thinggy. Kinda seksa dah kejee ade family but still nid to put the brain into work ahaha. Taking paeds papers in uk ke?

Mrs Ahmad.. said...

Haha.. I'm just going for an attachment in UK. Still dunt have the guts to sit for paeds exam this time around. Insyallah, 1st (and last) attempt in Feb 2013.
I wish I still have enough energy of a teenager. I get tired easily and can't seemed to focus on study. Sigh, it's an early sign of aging...