Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Day 3: Makan mis-adventure

I would say that since we ever got here, our eating schedule has been erratic. Breakfast normally consist of sandwiches, no lunch, by 4pm our tummy started to growl and hunger pang set it after a long walk. The food here I would say is reasonably priced but to the fact that everything has to be multiplied by 5, we became cheapskate. 

McDonald's meal roughly priced at 4 pounds while fish and chips costs almost 6 pounds. 2 days ago we had large half priced pizza as lunch cum dinner for 3.5 pounds bought at Ali Baba Turkish shop. I can foresee that we will frequent this joint regularly. Yesterday we ate burgers at a Pakistani shop (I forgot the name) for lunch. So for 2 nights in a row, we only had fruits for dinner. The reason being is that by 8pm, I would still felt jet lagged and would already took my 40 winks.

This morning, Alya knocked on my door and told me that she was really hungry. I brought along a small rice cooker from home, cooked basmati rice, alya opened up a can of sardines and made scrambled egg. For a short while, it felt like home. I guess being Malaysian, anywhere you go, somehow or rather, only rice gives your enough satiety, don't you think so?

We are writing down our menu to plan on our grocery shopping this week. We can't afford to eat outside everyday, better save money for travelling and shopping :p The menu includes fried rice, seafood / chicken tahri, ayam masak halia / kicap and telur dadar. We are not equipped with adequate cooking utensils like chopping knife and board and had to make do with cutting on a tray using butter knife.. so sad..

Anyways, plan for today:
1) Occupational health appointment at 10.30am
2) Grocery shopping at a halal butcher down London Road


Today's packed lunch

No comments: