Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Day 2: On walking..

The weather is just nice here, suffice with 2 layers of clothes (my thin blouse and a cardigan to top it off) to overcome the chill temperature. I would say that it is slightly colder than Cameron Highland, cloudy most of the time with occasional light drizzle as it is entering autumn. 

We have been doing of lot of brisk walking since we reached Southend. It is a small town and everything is within walking distance. Not to say that it is near coz our walk to the occupational health office took us almost 30 minutes and from there to the hospital another 45 minutes. 


Just out of the hostel
Subsequently, we travelled again down the Victoria avenue to pay Victoria Shopping Centre and High Street a visit.  The mall is rather small, unlike those in KL (i.e KLCC/midvalley) but I don't mind that. I love strolling down the street though. They do have several big name retailers and department stores like Dorothy Perkins, H&M, Peacock and Topshop/Topman to name a few. To make matter worse, every outlet was on sale! 


London road, empty street as today is a public holiday
I did buy a pair of DP jeans which is RM30 cheaper than Malaysia. Need those as I have lose several kilos and desperately need a smaller size. I also purchased a green blouse from Peacock for 5 pounds only (actual price was 18 pounds). Only 2 days here, this place has already cause a dent to my pocket. I am being cautious and planning to go to London later and find out what Bicester Village has to offer.

Finally, we stride back to the hostel which takes roughly 15-20 minutes. In total, we have walked more than 5 hours, exceeding 5000 steps. Thank God that Alya is also a walker! It was tiring but I guess we managed it all on foot because of the whether. No sweat, no oily face.. haha..

I think we still have to consider taking the shuttle bus in case it rains heavily. I have yet to figure out this transportation system, will probably do that tomorrow..



Discovered blacberries just in front of the hospital building
Jakun betul 

Jalan2 and saw this on the way back..
Manequin buat aksi sukan which was not captured in this photo
Maybe sempena Olympic kot

Okay peeps, I'm returning to my books. Tata..

No comments: