Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Day 3: Just tired..

Today has been another tiring day. We had an appointment for occupational health assessment at 10.30am. By 9am we have left the building and made our way to the Thamesegate House where the health office is. We reached the place early and decided to drop by the public library which is located nearby.

I love the place and I can see that reading is part of their culture particularly amongst the elder ones. I can see old atuk and neneks walking with canes or even mobilizing using the motorised wheelchair coming in and out of the library with bags filled with books. Me and Alya had a discussion on our strategy to study in preparation for the exam in Feb 2013. I felt choked as there are so many things to cover with so little time. May Allah give us strength and perseverance, Ameen. 


At the library
We then headed to the health office 10 minutes before the appointment time. I've got called in first, the nurse was a very nice lady, injected PPD for Mantoux test since we are from country with TB endemics and took my blood for Measles and Rubella screening. We had to perform a chest x-ray at Southend Hospital but on our way there, we decided to stop by a park to enjoy the cool sunny weather whilst having our packed lunch.  


The whether was on our side today. See, I only donned on a layer of top.

Love the bushy flowery park.

We left the hospital by 2pm. Alya had a migraine while my feet were aching. All we wanted to do was to go back to the hostel and lie down. This time around, equipped with a GPS, we tried on a different (hopefully shorter) route back to Balmoral Road. We got lost along the way, made a wrong turn and by that time, both of us were stressed up and grumpy. Alhamdulillah we found our way back. We decided to do some grocery shopping beforehand as I don't think we will ever get out again today.

We bought another 4 packets of rice, fruits, chicken and few herbs and spices from a Pakistani and an Iraqi shop at London Road, very near to our place of stay. We wanted a tiny packet of salt but they only had a big bottle of it. The Iraqi lady generously gave us her own half used salt and we thanked her for that. May Allah bless her and her family for being so kind. 

Experimenting a new route and passed by these area.
Southend is an old town and these houses are still with chimneys.
I am sure you need a lot of $$ for renovation and restoration.
By the time I reached the hostel to Skype, it was already 11pm in Malaysia and my husband and daughter were already asleep :( I'm really exhausted, have not get over of my common cold and aching for a feet reflexology.

Gosh, I miss home terribly...

No comments: