Thursday, July 11, 2013

How's you Ramadhan?

Alhamdulillah, it went well for me so far. As a pregnant lady (still) in her third trimester, fasting is not a problem at all.

Well, my previous pregnancy, I was in labour on 3rd Ramadhan, 5 days post date and gave birth the next day to a baby girl who was all covered with thick meconium. Alhamdulillah, praise to Allah,  she was born well and healthy. I am not particularly sure this time around though. I don't think labour is imminent and my gut feeling says that this pregnancy will continue on to approach at least the expected date of delivery. In a way, I guess my boy is doing me a favour by allowing me to fast and having lesser days to qadha later on.

Both me and my gynae have come to an agreement to induce labour by EDD, which will be next Thursday. We definitely do not want a meconium baby again. Honestly, I don't mind going under the knife (or scalpel) for the 2nd time. Wallahualam.

Anyways, I am on medical leave until delivery, only God knows when it is. I normally wake up late due to sleepless nights. I plan on what to cook or bake for iftar and sahur; so far everything has been homecooked, Alhamdulillah.

Well, the month of Ramadhan is not only about fasting for 12 hours but also the month that teaches us to be patient, to improve our faith, to forgive, to appreciate what we have and to feel for the unfortunates. My Allah accept our ibadah, direct us to the right path and make us a better Muslim. Ameen,

My prayer also goes out to my sister and her husband who have to endure 20 hours of fasting. I am sure it is not easy for them. May Allah grant them patience and perseverance in going through this month.

Have a blessed Ramadhan everyone.


No comments: