Friday, December 24, 2010

Penatnye...

I am sooo tired these days. All these premmies less than 1kg are a challenge to work with. I never like handling neonates. I'm telling you, they are so fragile and get infections very easily. I loss count as to how many times I wash my hands before and after touching or examining them.

We loss so many babies this past month that it disheartened me. It tires me out. I never like disclosing to parents when their babies are born abnormal, not doing well or when they are dying despite all your effort to treat them. I admit, I do get teary eyes during counselling sessions. My gosh, the parents are so brave and I can't imagine being in their unfortunate shoes. Looking back, I am so blessed with a normal and healthy baby.

I'll be oncall tomorrow, something that I never look forward to (who does??). My NICU had an unfortunate event today. Leaking from the roof causing banjir kilat in our unit. So we were forced to close down our acute cubicle which can place 8 ventilated babies! So I am practically short of beds. Please, please God, janganlah sampai takde tempat to the extend that I have to transfer patient ex-utero to other hospitals in Klang Valley!! To all babies in my ward and to all pregnant mothers out there, promise me, please stay healthy.

No comments: