Monday, September 10, 2012

Day 14: Blown away

I'm so impressed with the consultants in UK. Very kids friendly, seriously! They are so humble as well. I've encountered a consultant cardiologist as old as my father sang nursery rhymes to a baby during echo in an attempt to keep the baby quiet during the procedure. Paediatricians here are the nicest bunch of people. Siap consultant dia tanya to his registrar after she examined a patient "So, what's you finding, dear?" Baik kan?

Why in Malaysia I feel that it is otherwise? One of the reasons that I do not want to take up Masters programme is because I heard so many horror stories (which I shall not elaborate). Even my sister who is undergoing her masters training completedt her paediatric rotation felt that it was her worst experience by far. 

Well, in my opinion,  it is definitely one of the toughest field, which explains why not many doctors would like to pursue this carrier path. Hence, I feel that we should create a positive encouraging environment for everyone to work right? No bickering, no putting down others, humiliating your junior colleagues etc. In a tough working situation with a lot of stress, good working environment at least take off the pressure for a little bit, am I right?

I am determine to become a better employee, a considerate colleague, a humble doctor and work with humility. I vow to be more kids friendly and treat them with a lot of respect. I aspire to become like the consultants that I've met here, Insyallah.

No comments: