Monday, September 10, 2012

Madrid, here we come!

It is in my plan to travel out of UK during our trip here. There are so many affordable countries to visit that I'm spoilt with choices. I would love to travel to Paris in France, Rome in Italy, Greece, Amsterdam, Norway, Turkey and many other wonderful tourist spots... I just wish I have more time and definitely money to go to all these places. I guess that's why you can see Malaysian students travelling all over the place as they are cheap and so near, like 1-2 hours by plane or train! 

My sister really strongly recommended me to go to Paris unfortunately Alya already visited France many years ago. So we decided to go to either Spain or Rome. Unfortunately, we have to fork out 500 to 600 pounds per person which is way beyond our budget. I did contact Perantauholidays travel agent but it is still be quite costly for us unless we can find another extra member. That will reduce the cost by 100 pounds but where can I find another friend to join us as they are all back home! Mind you, I need to come again to UK in Feb 2013 for my exam. Hence, I am feeling rather cheapskate here. 

Without a tourist guide, I am utterly worried of getting lost in a country where majority of them do not converse in English! I googled around and found  out that Madrid has good public transportation system. Their metro service was thought to be super efficient. 

We have come to the decision of going to Spain towards the end of our stay, just a short 3 days and 2 nights trip. Well, we can't afford to wait any longer as the airfare will get more expensive by each day. I booked a room online via Agoda for 39 pounds per night and purchased a return Ryanair flight ticket, a low cost carrier just like Airasia. In total, we have spent 190 pounds/person so far. In estimation we need to spend another 100 pounds on miscellaneous stuffs like food, local transportation to go around the city, tour to Toledo for 36 pounds, hop and off bus in Madrid for 20 pounds. 

I am quite uncertain about this, first time backpacking but at least I have my friend with me right. Well, Espaniol, here we come! Pictures credit to http://www.localmadridtours.com/


Madrid

Madrid

Madrid

Toledo: A world heritage city
P/s As a damage control measure, I need to do more locum in the coming months -___-


No comments: