Sunday, May 15, 2011

Hana, you are 9 months old today!!

It is good to have lilypie count-up on my blog as a constant reminder of how old my baby is. Today, she has officially reached 9 months of life.


I just love her company these days as she is more playful and starts to understand concept of how certain things work. She loves clapping and swaying whenever I sing to her and purposely cough whenever I ehem ehem. My goodness, she is a pro when it comes to commando crawl, moving faster that I simply can't leave her out of sight! Hana cut her first two lower incisors when she was 8 months old. As for now, I can see 2 of her upper incisors are starting to erupt. Well, it is time for finger food then :)


Hana's favourite work out!


Talking about food, my sensitive little Hana still has multiple food allergy. Though she can now tolerate apple unfortunately I recently discovered that she she would develop rashes around the mouth whenever she takes Cerelac stage 2 and up (the ones pre-mixed with chicken/fruit). As much as she enjoyed the taste (always asked for more) the only cereal that she is not allergic to is the plain rice cereal.


Poor girl. Basically, her routine diet nowadays consist of porridge + vegetable + chicken (tried salmon but she develop prolonged bouts of cough for almost a month), fruits/vegetable for lunch (avocado / pear / pumpkin) and back to porridge for dinner.


I just went to a talk organized by Nestle last night on prevention of allergy at The Westin, Bukit Bintang. FYI pediatric allergy has become an increasingly troublesome condition not just to the child but also the parents (ask me how much hypoallergenic formula cost!).  It is estimated that 1 in 3 people in Malaysia are allergic to something and the figure is expected to rise to 1 in 2 by the year 2020!


On that note, I will probably write an entry on that particular topic later...Okay, signing off at the moment.. Bye peeps, enjoy your Sunday..

No comments: