Monday, August 9, 2010

Big foot..

I've mentioned few times in the previous posts that both my feet are really swollen like an elephant which forced me to wear sandals 1 size bigger. What me and my hubby noticed today was that my feet are a little bit less edematous, from elephant size to panda bear's.. heheh..

Old ppl say that once your swelling lessen that means you are approaching labour. Are there any truth in it coz if it is.. I would be the happiest person on earth! You know why? I'll be 40 weeks on the dot tomorrow!!

I just went to see Dr Idora 2 days ago and vaginal examination (which btw was quite painful, sorry to mommies whom I did VE before when I was a naive houseman) revealed that my cervix was thick, posterior and closed, and the baby's station was high. So my Bishop score was not favourable, therefore I can't go for induction of labour (IOL) that day. Since the USG showed that the baby is still doing well, she suggested to me to wait for another one whole week for spontaneous delivery. Should the baby decide to still hibernate inside her momma's womb, then I have to be induced by 41 weeks. Errk!

Bishop scoring

Being a paeds Dr, I do receive a lot of calls from neighbouring friends in labour room for failed IOL or fetal distress after prostin insertion. Obviously, for us, paeds team to stand by in operating room for emergency LSCS in case the newborns are not doing well. Thus, it is a bit scary to go for IOL as the risk for section is higher and on top of that emergency section as any kind of major operation does come with it's own complications (not to mention extra charges).

I guess God knows what's best for me. Most importantly, easy and safe delivery and the baby come out well and healthy.

Do pray for me, ya!

No comments: