Thursday, August 12, 2010

Diagnosis please..

Today, I'm a doctor, a staff nurse as well as a patient. I mentioned in the previous post that I was having a dermatologic crisis for the last 1 week and unfortunately it got worse last nite. The skin rash (uticaria + papules) initially started on my stretch mark but now spreading on both my leg and few on my arms. It appears like an allergic reaction but towards what, I still have to figure it out.


Memang sgt2 gatal tahap gaban! I couldn't sleep at all last nite due to the itch and did not have a heart to wake my husband to help me scracth. Takpelah, biarlah I jadi zombie sorang2...


FYI, I've tried all sorts of cream and lotion from steroids to crotamiton but the condition seemed getting worse.So, this morning, mmg dah sgt tak tahan, I went to the hospital and zoomed directly to the clinic where I worked.


As a last resort, my dear colleague poked me and injected me with hydrocortisone (anti-inflammatory). I left the branula in place at my left wrist for a 6 hourly jab (which I have to do myself at home!).

I intentionally wore an extra long sleeve today just to cover the ugly branula. Coz u now why, kalau orang lain perasan, they must have thought that I'm a lunatic patient who just absconded from hospital!!

Since I entered 40 weeks, banyaknye ujian Allah nak bagi. Please pray that this problem goes off quickly ya!!

And to my dearest medical colleagues, can you be like Dr House and give me a diagnosis? Thanks!!!!

No comments: