Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I know what you did last weekend.. mwwwaaahah..

I have officially reached 39 weeks today and I’m on long MC until my due date courtesy to my dear friend (u know who u r). I never had so much time in hand, thus, I’m spending it very wisely: catching up on sleep, surfing the net, blogging and reading up Dr Spock’s Baby & Child Care particularly on the topic of feeding and napping. I’m also trying to settle some matters before I deliver including servicing my way over due Honda car and going to the bank to pay up for my MRCPCH 2A exam in December which will cost me 500 UK pounds!

Last weekend, I went for my weekly antenatal check up with Dr Idora. I was a bit anxious sebab my baby ni agaklah besar sizenya and true enough, she has now reached 3.7kg +/- 300gm!!! OMG, I hope berat dia minus 300gm sebab kalau 3.7kg + 300gm (u do the math..) maknanya her estimated weight would be 4.0kg!!

Macamana nak push ni??? Will my pelvis be wide enough for her to go through?? I looked at Dr Idora with my panicking face and I guess those who know her would have guessed.. she just gave me a reassuring smile and said, “ It’s okay, we will still try for SVD ya..Your baby is fine, her heart beat is steady and the blood flow through the umbilical artery is good. I’ll see you in another week, okay?” My goodness, Dr Idora (and my husband) had so much faith in me. I shall not let my loved ones down and especially to my baby who is counting on me, “Mama akan cuba buat yang terbaik ya.”

Anyways, last week was my sister, Eida’s and my nephew Umar’s birthday. Since Eida is in Kota Kinabalu, so last Saturday my family only celebrated Umar’s 11th birthday at San Francisco Pizza, Bangi. I’m clueless when it comes to buying gift for boys, particularly of Umar’s age so me and my mom finally gave him an angpau and let him buy his own present.

Ahmad and I did not plan to spend the night at my parents house but my mom lured us with her Nasi Lemak Sambal Udang that she planned to make the next morning. Okaylah, when it comes to mommy’s cooking, memang terpaksa mengalah and surrender awal2 .. hehhe..


(dalam hati, mana la baby tak besar, mama nya pun makan byk.. wink wink).





Abang and me at San Francisco's Pizza: waiting for others to arrive




Animatedly chatting and eating..



Umar, the birthday boy and Rasheeq, my youngest bro enjoying their meal

No comments: