Saturday, August 14, 2010

Labour suite, here I come!!

I'm blogging in between my contraction!

As usual, I was having insomnia these days especially since my unlucky encounter with PUPP but last night was different. I was having lower back pain quite similar to dysmenorrhea (sakit senggugut) and I noticed that my painless hard rock abdomen was getting frequent up to every 30 minutes. But there was no other signs of labour including leaking or show. So I waited till this morning to see Dr Idora as we happened to have our appointment scheduled today.


In the labour room, awaiting CTG recording



Hubby, always by my side


She was worried as USG showed that my liquor volume is very little and the baby can easily get distressed. Vaginal examination revealed that the os was still closed but the baby's head was already well engaged. Luckily the fetal heart is still okay thus, she suggested for me to get admitted tonight for induction of labour and KIV emergency section tomorrow if the labour doesn't progress or the baby is not doing well .


Baby's heart beat is steady (upper graph)
See? I'm already having irregular contraction (lower graph)

Currently, I'm having contraction once in every 10 to 20 minutes. It felt exactly like sakit senggugut tapi x100, started from my lower abdomen and extended to the back. My dear husband tak sampai hati tgk I menangis tahan sakit and tried his mighty might massaging my back to ease the pain. If the contraction is getting regular, I might not need prostin after all.

My dilemma at the moment is whether I should get epidural for pain relieve.. My elder sister who was blessed with easy labour for all her 3 kids was really adamant for natural analgesia "Pethidine should suffice," she said.. Huhuh.. My pain threshold is very low! I'm the kind of person who will pop ponstan for any kind of headache or PCM even for low grade fever! So, takpelah, thanks for the advice but if the pain becomes too unbearable, I will still opt for epidural anyway!

Lagi 1 yg I terkilan sgt is I'll be missing tonight's iftar with my family at Museum Islam KL!! It is an annual event for all of us and I was the one who was planning for this in the first place! Sedihnya.. terbayang2 all the nice desserts like muhallabiah, baklava and their main courses like lamb and nasi bukhari.. My husband told me, " Ala, bila2 boleh makan, maybe our baby wants to tag along, so this year dia tak bagi mama dia pegi lagi.." Alrite, whatever u say, baby!



Okaylah.. have to sign off now.
I'm trying to prepare myself mentally and physically for the gruelling stress of labour.
Wish me luck and doakan I berjaya push my baby out ya.
Doakan jugak dipermudahkan segalanya and that both mommy and baby sihat walafiat.

I'll make a birth announcement as soon as the baby arrived ya! See ya'll after the labour k.

P/s I'm worried about my yummy peanut butter cuppies that I baked last night (blowing my own trumpet, here :p). Tak sempat nak letak cream cheese icing lagi. But they are still tasty when eaten plain anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yam,moga bb n u sihat n slamat..x sabar tgk anak yam