Wednesday, July 21, 2010

1st trimester turmoil..

at 5 weeks POA

During this period I went through a lot! Apart from breast changes, headache and tiredness, I also had symptoms of hyperemesis including nausea and vomiting. I thought pregnant mothers are supposed to take nutritious, healthy diet for your ‘growing needs’ and here I was, not eating and was vomiting away. I wonder who coined the term MORNING sickness as all these symptoms mainly occurred at NIGHT!

With all these sufferings, I was still working regularly in the clinic and doing my 36 hours oncall as usual. I never took leave from work or MC except for once when I had severe upper respiratory infection, lost my voice and could not even get out from bed. On top of that, I also had to prepare myself, knowledge wise, for my MRCPCH 1B examination on 12/1/2010 and the exam itself costs me RM 1500, self paid!

I went to UMMC on my exam day feeling worried as I was definitely not mentally and physically ready. The exam extends from 5pm to 9pm and all the while, I had to endure feeling like more than 50 butterflies playing in my stomach and an excruciating headache that was killing me. I couldn’t even remember my answers to almost 100 questions and just pray that the exam would be over before I puke and humiliate myself in front of other candidates! Luckily I finished the exam uneventfully and drove back to Bukit Jelutong at around 10pm.

As soon as I arrived home, I greeted Ahmad who was lazing in front of the television, sprint my way straight to the loo and everything that I had for lunch came out from my mouth in a split second. From afar, I heard my husband said “ Mxx, camana exam?”.. and I wonder.. how can I answer when my mouth was still filled with vomit.. yuck!

No comments: