Sunday, July 25, 2010

Movie Nite..

Every weekend, as usual me and hubby had a date night aka movie night.. Our favourite place to go would be JJ Bukit Raja coz dekat,less traffic, ample parking space and the cinema is only on the 1st floor (tak payah jalan jauh2)..

Last weekend, I wanted to watch back-2-back movies, Inception and Knight and Day. My sister and friends gave good reviews on Knight and Day, action packed, kelakarlah and of course, ada Encik Tom Cruise and Cik Cameron Diaz! Unfortunately, the movie was not shown at Bukit Raja TGV and finally we decided to just settle with watching one movie: Inception..

Boy oh boy.. was I in for a BIG surprise... I bloody LURVE it!!! The movie was very dark and complicated that I was mentally exhausted after watching it. Drama after drama and action after action that it just blew my mind away. I should give standing ovation to the very handsome and talented Leo d Cap, that guy from 3rd Rock and Ellen Page, the Juno girl and the rest of the casts for their commendable performance.. Tabik tabik.. I was so into Inception that I don't think I was in for another movie for probably another week until my mind is free and well rested hhahah.. BTW, do u know that the director of this movie also directed The Dark Knight? No wonder the essence of both motion pictures were familiar.. mind boggling!


My verdict: 4.5 dandy stars

Anyways, since my baby still wants to hybernate in her mommy's womb, me and hubby decided to go for another movie 2 nights ago.. The Walt Disney's The Sorcerer's Stone.. All in all, it was so-so (magic collided with science = I'm confused!) , predictable storylines with no memorable scenes. I don't know why but I was particularly irritated with the boy who acted as the protege (see, I can't even remember the character's name!).. his voice and facial expression just annoyed me!! The only main attraction for the movie would be the suave Nicholas Cage! I won't recommmend this movie to anyone unless you're planning to treat your kids for some not-so-magical adventure (it's 13pG).



My verdict: 3 dandy stars

No comments: