Monday, July 26, 2010

Mayumiiii.. meow meow












Mayumi taking a nap.. posing maut, you!



The only person in the family who is a cat person would be my eldest sister, Kak Nunu and her son, Abe Muttaqi, as well as Eida my younger sis. Since Kak Nunu has her own house, having her own cat doesn’t really bother us until the latest one that she had, by the name: MAYUMI. Being a very busy businesswoman (goes for outstation a lot), this cat ends up spending most of his time at my parents house. Eida, who used to stay at my parents adored him and took care of him when he was young until recently when she left to work at Kota Kinabalu. Now the responsibility falls on my mom’s maid, Halimah.. hahahha.. She has to bath him once in 3 days with his Blueberry shampoo, make sure he is well fed and his poo poo sands are cleared and cleaned. I’m excused of this challenging task as handling cat’s poo poo is obviously dangerous for pregnant lady.

Mayumi is somewhat an adorable cat. We used to make sure that he stays in the house as not to mingle with 10 dirty stray cats outside our door. Being curious Lil Mayumi, he still tries to find any possible way of getting out and play (catching butterflies, eating grass (yup, I think he is more of herbivore) and trying to be friendly with The Strays). Ever so often, he even got himself into cat fight (I guess other cats are jealous of him) and got himself injured.. but that doesn’t stop him from going outside and enjoy the world..

My dad used to hate him. He will jump the minute he heard the sound of him and asked us to lock the cat in the kitchen. Once, my mom told me, my dad was having dinner alone and being almost blind (due to some medical condition) he could not see that Mayumi was actually curling on the dining table next to him. Fortunately, Mayumi doesn’t eat human food and only takes his usual friskies diet. My dad freaked out when he tak sengaja tersentuh the furry Mayumi!!! Shocked and angry, he quickly pushed him off the table, poor Mayumi, he was just keeping him company..

However, I noticed nowadays that my dad grew fond of him.. He’ll ask ‘Mayumi lapar? Dah makan?’ whenever he heard his meows. I was utterly surprised by his change.. My mom also loves him that sometimes she even brought him along to the wet market (of course he is left in the car!)..

Anyways, odd behaviour that Mayumi has is he likes to sleep during the day. Not take a short nap but REALLY doze off for 5-6 hours non stop especially in an airconditioned room. Is it some kind of illness or diurnal variation that a cat has? Luckily he doesn’t eat much or he’ll end up heavy and lazy just like his mate GARFIELD. Heheheh.. Whateva it is Mayumi.. we all lurve you!

No comments: