Saturday, July 24, 2010

My ecstacy..

Too bad that today my hubby had to attend a full day course which left me all alone at home on a weekend! I took leave of absence for the last 2 days, on Thursday as I had an appointment with Dr Idora and yesterday due to leg cramps which occured more frequently as both my lower limbs are getting more swollen! I was full rested thus I decided to go out to The Curve, all alone shopping..

I can't stand all the attention that I received nowadays. People are giving me sorry/pitiful eyes as they saw me walking like a mother duck, terkedek-kedek with my very big tummy. Even the pump guy at a petrol station who helped me fill up the gas said, " Takpe ke kak, jalan2 dan drive kereta sorang2?" and my reply was, "Nak buat camana dik, kalau saya nak terberanak sekarang, awak hantar saya gi spital eh ;) ".... heheehe..

After the short pit stop at Petronas NKVE, I headed to the Curve and thank goodness, the road was still quite clear and there was ample parking space as I make a point to get out early to avoid all the congestion. I went directly to the 1st floor of the Curve where all the mother and baby shops were located, bought some stuffs (one of it was unplanned..) went down and hang out at Starbucks at the Borders, ordered hot chocolate and read some free gossip and parenting magazines..hahahha...

Before I headed home, I decided to drop by at my sister's house at Kota Damansara to see my nephews and niece and to have a chat. I had a cup of Kak Mar, her maid's signature Teh Tarik and went back home.

These are the things that I bought today:

1) 2 Fabulous Mom Jill nursing bra from Little Haven
- though I already have 5 Autumz bra (all are unpadded) , I've decided to try out Fabulous Mom's padded bra so as to avoid embarassment of having your 2 'things' showing and the discomfort of wearing nursing pads. It also comes in a pastel lilac colour, which I think looks rather cute :)

2) Mothercare bump and beyond soothing nipple cream
- I've been wanting to buy this cream since my mom, my sister and even my sister's maid been bugging me since earlier this week, telling me to apply it before the baby arrives. They said it is important to moisturize and soften your nipple to prevent from sore and cracked nipple later on as milk production will be minimal on the first few days. I already have Purelan gel 7gm (very small tube) which I got for free when I bought my Medela FS but unfortunately was left at my mom's place. So I decided to try this cream from Mothercare 100ml for RM 32 (+ additional 10% off) which is relatively cheap. The downside is I need to clean the breast before and after feeding, unlike Purelan that contained Linolin, which is safe for your baby and allows direct BF after using.


3) 2 pair of baby dress also from Mothercare priced RM 106 (+ additional 20% off). This is definitely an unplanned purchase and I have to come up with a reason for buying more baby clothes to my hubby.. He won't be happy with it as my shopaholic instinct always threw me off budget. He is the sane one and I should never be left alone at a shopping mall! But how can I resist all these cute baby wear????
4) 2 pyjama tops that I bought from Metrojaya sale, each for RM 13.90!! The good thing is the tops are front buttoned which I'm planning to wear at the hospital after the delivery.

5) My dad's medications.
- My mom called me last week and frantically asked me to buy my dad's medications for his hypertension and heart problem. My dad, with his gastric ulcer, could not tolerate Aspirin and can only take Clopidogrel.. and he specifically wants Plavix (a brand). It costs d' bomb with 14 tabs = RM 140!! I bought him the same medication before but different brand (obviously for its cheaper price but similar function) but my parents said it still caused him stomach discomfort.. erkkk?? I guess, I just have to comply to their request and get them the first class medication..
So I went to Alpha Pharmacy at Dataran Sunway and bought him 2 boxes of Plavix (1 box 14 tabs, 1 tablet/day) and 1 box of Felodipine (28 tablets, 1 tablet/day). Luckily the pharmacist on duty was actually working in the same hospital as me and we had quite a nice chat. I registered as a regular customer with the pharmacy which allows me to collect points and get a special price on certain medications. As a doctor, I also get discounted price, so in total, I paid RM 288 instead of RM 433!!

So, tomorrow I'm going back to Bangi to visit my parents and passed him his VERY expensive prescription drugs..


3 comments:

Dr Ezura said...

Have a safe delivery...byknya shopping..Btw, don't apply too much foreign things on ur nipple... Ur breastmilk is d best lubricant for d nipple

Nini Raz said...

My friend's blog for your reading pleasure dillazag.blogspot.com

Mrs Ahmad.. said...

Thanks EZ for d advice. I will definitely contact you a lot in the future reg BF since u r a lactation counsellor :)