Monday, July 26, 2010

Walking down the memory lane..

I never like animals! I’m not cruel or having anything against them but I just never like to have furry things in my house. The thought of having to feed them and manage their poo poo just doesn’t appeal to me. I must have inherrited this gene from who else, my dad of course.

I can still remember the last time our family had a pet was when I was around 4 or 5 years old living in our old rented house in Taman Kajang Jaya. We had 2 cats: Musa and Mahathir .. hahahaha.. both were named after Malaysian ministers (obviously) as my dad were into politics! I did not have vivid memory of Mahathir (I think he died quite young) but our family loved Musa. There’s nothing unusually special about him, he looked just like any regular Malaysian cat (no fluffy furs or what..), orange in color with some white spots.


What I could recall the most was when he got hit by a car and fractured his bones. We did not have a vet at the time (and don’t think we could afford bringing him to see one). My dad, acting like a orthopedic surgeon, tied his broken leg onto a stick to hold the bone in position and help him walk. We even gave him panadol to ease the pain (Did we overdose him and how do we know how much to give back then??) Anyways, he died not long after that and since then, our family did not own any more pets.

I will try my very best to dig in some old picture of mini me with Musa posing in front of our old house.. I'm sure it is hidden somewhere at my parents place in Bangi. I shall upload 'em in my blog once it is available..

In loving memory:
Musa and Mahathir.. passed in 1980s..
We missed you..

No comments: