Monday, July 26, 2010

3rd trimester mayhem


At 37 weeks: catching a midnite movie..


Finally, I have reached into the final stage of the pregnancy, which is the most tiresome of all three. The baby is growing rapidly and I can feel her movements were getting less frequent but definitely stronger.

I became lethargic very easily during the day partly due to the sleepless nights that I had. I got up several times at night to empty my bladder. I always asked Ahmad the next morning, “Abang sedar tak berapa kali Mxx bangun pegi toilet?” and he said “Sedaaar, takkan la tak sedar…” Hmm.. funny, I could detect his hesitant reply and knew straight away the he was bluffing. How could he be awake when I can see him sleeping soundly and hear the sound of him snoring!

During this period, indigestion and reflux caused me to sleep upright and I barely can move and shift my sleeping position due to severe back pain. There are times that I had attacks of leg cramps which forced Ahmad to wake up in the middle of the night to give me a quick massage followed by an MC the next day. Do you think I should be taking double dose of calcium supplement?

Anyways, I’ve stopped doing oncall since 33 weeks as my pregnancy prevents me from berlari or jalan laju2, thus makes it difficult for me to attend to emergency cases immediately. I always turned up 1 hour LATE for work and luckily my colleagues understood that I’m moving extra slow :p

Towards the end of my pregnancy, my weight has increased dramatically! I don’t think I eat that much but I attributed the sudden rise due to water retention. My feet were swollen like an elephant that my size 6 hush puppies sandal became too tight for me to wear (and I normally put on size 5 shoes!). I woke up with a painful and stiff finger joints (thanks to Carpal Tunnel syndrome) that I felt like an old arthritic lady. I looked fat and I don’t feel attractive anymore.
My edematous feet, see.. my feet can't fit in..

How do I cope? I still go to work as usual (to kill the time), shop in the time of leisure, make full use of my hubby’s presence (to massage and do house chores) and wear make up to make me feel pretty again..

But deeply, I start to wish that the baby would come out and the pregnancy will be over soon!

No comments: